Katie Ester is the Library Director here at Shelby Township Public Library.
Ms. Ester can be reached at:
Phone: (586) 726-2344
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMISSION
The Library Advisory Commission is an oversight committee of up to six members, appointed by the Township Board of Trustees, who review library practices and policies, provide input and advice, and advocate for the library’s principles and goals. Commission members serve five year terms. The Library Advisory Commission meets in the library on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. The library is located at 51680 Van Dyke. The public is welcome to attend.
Current members are:
- Joanne Allen (until 2016)
- Ronald Black-Chairperson (until 2018)
- Thomas Hetes (until 2019)
- Marie Nickson (until 2019)
- Jennifer Simko-Vice-Chair (until 2019)
- Patron Code of Conduct
- Shelby Township Library Acceptable Use Policy (Internet Use)
- Tutor Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Gift and Donation Policy
- Interlibrary Loan Policy
- Media Relations Policy
- Reconsideration of Library Materials Policy
- Statement of Concern Regarding Library Resources Form
Adults interested in volunteering can join the Friends of the Library and assist with book donations and the bookstore. To join the Friends, download and print out the brochure and application
There are also opportunities for teen volunteers throughout the year. Please fill out a teen volunteer form and we will contact you as soon as an opportunity to volunteer becomes available.